Zac Efron: From High School Heartthrob to Hollywood Hunk
If you have seen Zac Efron in the movie “High School Musical,” you will notice a cute boy, but now the same boy has become a toned and impressive looking guy. From a favorite of children, he is now accepted as a fine actor by adult audience as well. He has worked really hard to shape his body and work to get accepted by everyone.
Zac has played the role of a U.S. marine in the film, “The Lucky One.” In the film, Zac plays the role of a marine who returns back to his girl. In order to portray the role of a marine, Zac was forced to look like a real one. In order to get the look, Zac worked hard to lose his body fat and gain muscles mass; the same look that many of us want to achieve.
Here are Zac Efron workout and diet plans to achieve the impressive six-packs look.
- Cardio: Zac does cardio exercises to shed fat and increase the strength of the muscles. Zac doesn’t pay a trip to gyms very often. He likes to exercise outside and do running, hiking and cycling. He also likes sports which include basketball, soccer, surfing and rock climbing.
- Workout Early: Zac wakes up early to perform his workout routine. He believes that performing exercises early helps the body release toxins.
- Weight Lifting: Zac needed to gain muscles and for that he performed workouts with heavy weights. He performs exercises like push-ups, bench press, pull-ups, bicep curls, squats, tricep curls, side bends and weighted crunches daily to develop his abs.
- Taking It Slow: Zac performs his workouts slowly to develop stronger muscles. While lifting weights quickly makes it easier to workout, but it is not beneficial. Every exercise included in Zac’s workout routine is done at a slow pace to gain maximum efficiency.
- Oats and Eggs: Performing workouts early in the day means big breakfast to have the energy for the entire day. Zac include oats and eggs in his breakfast to have a heavy and healthy breakfast. Oats is beneficial for accumulating the fats in cells hence Zac loves to include it in his breakfast. Zac has admitted that sometimes he just consumes raw eggs.
- Avoid Junk Food: All celebrity follows a simple rule in their diet plan, and that is to avoid junk food at all cost. Zac also goes by this rule and avoids all the takeaway foods that are filled with added fats and sugars. He avoids foods that can cause the body to gain fats like pizza, sodas, and candies.
- Calories: Zac’s goal is to consume 3000 – 4000 calories in a day. To meet up this goal Zac consumes rolled oats, fresh fruits, vegetables, poached eggs, chicken, and meats. He also consumes carbs through dairy products. Zac didn’t lose fat by starving; he ate healthy food to give his body the fuel to gain muscles while losing fat.
- Choosing ZEN Way: ZEN foods is a company that sells a wide range of already prepared and packed foods. Zac has mentioned using ZEN Foods in his diet plan which covers up his calories and nutrition needs. ZEN is best for people that want to eat healthily but have less time to prepare healthy foods.
Other Useful tips